What information is collected?
We collect the following user’s personal data: IP address, username, email, crypto wallet address, online forum activity; including but not limited to Discord and Telegram, and form responses shared by Open Lab Zug under the trademark LabDAO. We may collect and process personal data in order to provide our services, including email address, Discord handle, and Ethereum wallet address, performing any contractual obligations.
We may collect and process additional personal data, for specific purposes conditional to the data subject consent, or simply to comply with the law or any judicial order. We will get in touch with the data subject every time the consent to process any data is required. The consent can be withdrawn at any time per request using any of our contact details below.
How is the information collected?
We collect personal information that the user provides directly through various channels:
- Signing up at the Site: when the user registers at the Site, signs up for news, events or newsletters, obtains services from us, contacts us with queries or responds to communications.
- In connection with our Services: when the user visits the Site or applies for any of our services, the user may provide us with personal data relevant for the purpose of providing services.
- Information collected by third parties: We may also collect information when the user visits the Site, requires services or interacts with the user. We may use various technologies to collect and store information when the user visits any Site, such as, the type of device used to access the websites, IP address and geographic location, the operating system and version, browser type, the content viewed and features accessed on our websites, the web pages and the search terms entered on our websites.
How is the information used?
We may use the collected information for the following purposes:
- Providing services to the user
- Marketing and business activities in relation to our services, including newsletters sending, updates, marketing communications and other information that may be of interest to the user
- Complying with legal and regulatory obligations
- Exercising or defending any legal rights
- Monitoring the use of websites or other online services for business purposes which may include analysis of usage, measurement of site performance and generation of marketing reports
- Using it for our legitimate business interests, such as business research and analysis, managing sites and businesses
- Looking into any complaints or queries
- Preventing and responding to actual or potential fraud or illegal activities.
How the information is shared
We only share information with third party contractors, bound by obligations of confidentiality, in connection with the processing of your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy, such as, but not limited to, IT and communications service providers, third parties relevant to the services, including regulators, authorities and governmental institutions. We may transfer personal information outside Europe. In such cases we ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements applicable to the information.
We ensure that the personal information collected is subject to appropriate security measures. We only keep the strictly necessary information for a limited period of time and as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose - and also for as long as it is necessary to comply with legal obligations, laws or regulations, which may set a minimum period for which we keep the users personal information.
Exercise of Rights
The user is entitled to a certain number of legal rights in relation to the personal information that we may process about the user. These rights can be exercised at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
The user has the right to:
- Obtain information regarding the processing of personal information and access to the personal information which is held about the user;
- Request to correct any personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Request to erase the personal information in certain circumstances. There may be circumstances where the user asks us to erase personal information but we may be legally entitled to retain it.
- Request to restrict the processing of personal information in certain circumstances. There may be circumstances where the user objects to, or asks to restrict the processing of personal information but we may be legally entitled to refuse that request.
- Receive some personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit that information to a third party.
- Withdraw any consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without the consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
For further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of personal information or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: 21/09/2022